Terms and conditions
The “My Thessaly Lovelist. Handcrafted by you” Competition (the “Competition”) is sponsored by the company named Marketing Greece S.A, established under the Greek law, seated in 20, Voukourestiou str, Athens, Tax office FAE Athens, Reg. No. 800486464 (the “Company”), within the framework of the Company’s promotion policy. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Terms & Conditions, which are final:
- In order to participate in the Competition, users must either possess a real social media (Facebook) account or agree to enter their personal information (name, e-mail address). Fake social media Accounts will be disqualified.
- Entry is strictly limited to one entry per person. Entries from agents or third parties are invalid.
- The entry period for the Competition begins on Tuesday, 28.03.2017 and ends on Monday 09.10.2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries performed before the commencement or after the expiration of the Entry Period are void.
- Eligible entrants are individuals over the age of 18 years. The entrance to the Competition requires the unreserved acceptance of the present Terms and Conditions, as well as any other terms provided by any other webpage to be utilized for the Competition purposes, which are binding in all respects for all potential participants.
- Employees and directors (and their spouses, immediate families and household members) of the Company and its respective divisions, affiliates, agencies and subsidiaries, as well as anyone else connected in any way with the Competition or helping to set it up are not eligible to participate in the Competition or to win any prize.
- The Company reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that they have breached any of these terms and conditions.
HOW TO ENTER
- During the Entry period, users are required to:
- Add at least five (5) destinations/experiences of Thessaly to their Lovelist
- Register with their personal details (name, surname, email) and accept terms and conditions.
- One (1) winner will be chosen from all valid entries received at the Company’s website. The winner wins a 5 days stay to Skiathos.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- At the end of the Entry period (09.10.2017), one (1) Grand prize Winner will be awarded. The Winner will be awarded the following Prize package:
- A 5 day stay in Skiathos, including 4 overnights’ stay at the Skiathos Palace luxury hotel (double occupancy including breakfast-American style buffet) for the Winner and one guest. For this prize the accommodation is available until the 31st of May 2018.
- The prize Winner bears all other respective costs incurred, such as entry tickets for sight-seeing excursions, gratuities, transportation to and from the Airport of Origin, transportation from the Arrival Airport to the Hotel, where the winner and guest stay, transportation from the Hotel to the Port, items of a personal nature, and any additional travel expenses not specified. All components of the prize must be taken together. No prize substitutions or transfers are permitted except at the sole discretion of the Company. The prize package will be awarded to the person whose name appears on the entry form and has been selected pursuant to Art. 4 below.
- Grand Prize Winner and guest (Prize Group) must travel together and must be able to travel on dates agreed with the Company; otherwise prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The Guest must also be 18 years of age or over.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry period. Should a Prize become unavailable for reasons attributable solely to the Company, the Company reserves the right to substitute it with one of similar value.
- Exact travel dates and other details shall be agreed with the Company and shall be subject to availability, hotel and air carriers blackout dates and other restrictions (e.g. holiday seasons, etc). The accommodation is available until the 31st of May 2018. For the accommodation prize, it is necessary to inform the hotel at least one month before the trip. Tickets are offered on a Space Confirm basis and cannot be issued “open”. Changes regarding routes or class of travel are unaccepted. Tickets are not re – sellable or transferable. Cash refund or other substitution cannot be made.
- The Company is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize. Seat selection and timing of the trip are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Airport taxes and fees are included in the offer.
- The prize voucher is subject to all respective carriage and reservations general terms and conditions, deriving from the applicable national and EU legislation.
At the end of the Entry period (09.10.2017), the Company will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) runner-up. The Winner will be selected through a draw from all the qualified entries received. The Winner will be contacted via email within seven (7) working days with details on how to redeem the prize. If after a reasonable number of attempts during a certain day (as determined by the Company in its sole discretion) contact is not made with potential winners, they will be disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to the next runnerup and so on. Every Grand Prize Winner will have seven (7) business days to confirm acceptance of the prize.
The Winner’s name will be published in the contest page www.mythessaly.com.
It is noted that the Company is not responsible for unsuccessful communication with the Winner at the communication details they have registered.
- Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Terms and Conditions. The selection of all cooperators, prizes, products and services is subject to the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize (and/or any portion thereof) is personal, nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of the prize is permitted. For receipt of the prize the Winner must verify their identity by demonstrating their passport or other identification documentation.
- The Company can modify and/or cancel the Competition and/or the present terms and transfer the dates at its sole discretion by publishing the new terms to the Competition Website.
- Hotel and flights rates depicted in any advertising and promotional materials may vary from actual prize package. Additional restrictions may apply. The Company accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of prizes or any variation in the prizes advertised and the prizes provided.
- The Company shall be entitled to cancel the prize and itinerary without notice should the prize Winner or travel companions engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behavior, use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any manner which brings the Company or any person or organization involved in the promotion into public disrepute.
- The Winner and Guest are responsible for all taxes, fees and expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use other than stated herein, including but not limited to, all state and income taxes, travel insurance, sightseeing fares, inland transportation, transportation from the Airport to the Hotel, where the winner and guest stay, transportation from the Hotel to the Airport, car rental and food expenditure. It is recommended that Winner and travel companions obtain at their own cost and liability respective insurance coverage. Should they fail to do so, the Company bears no liability whatsoever and no claim of any legal nature may be invoked against them in any forum.
- The Winner and travel companions are responsible for the obtaining and/or possession of valid passport and travel visa, as provided by the applicable legislation. The Company is not liable in case the prize cannot be redeemed due to lack of, expired or otherwise improper travel documentation. In that event the Winner is disqualified.
RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
- By entering the Competition, entrants release and hold the Company, as well as its respective agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries and employees harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Competition or participation in any Competition -related activity (including without limitation the removal from the website of, or discontinuation of access to, the Competition), or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Competition, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
- In no event will the Company, as well as its respective agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries and employees, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, arising out of any access to and/or use of the website, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the website, the removal from the website, or discontinuation of access to, any materials, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in, any prize awarded in connection with the Competition.
- If in the Company’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Promotional Competition, or any action that affects the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotional Competition, the Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries it believes having been submitted fraudulently and to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotional Competition.
- Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Company and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Company is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Terms and Conditions.
- Although the Company attempts to ensure the integrity of the Competition, it is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Competition, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Terms and Conditions or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition. The Company is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), cell phone(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Competition or downloading materials from or using the website.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Company, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Competition, the Company reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Terms and Conditions and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Competition, and to select a winner among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable.
PERSONAL DATA AND PERSONALITY RIGHTS
- By entering the Competition and unless prohibited by law, any potential or selected winner hereby consent to the use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation and the potential winners and guests may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent, unless restricted by law. Moreover, by entering this Competition, unless prohibited by law, the potential prize winners agree to grant to the Company, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web.
The present Official Terms and Conditions are uploaded in the website www.mythessaly.com and will remain posted throughout the Entry Period.
The Competition and these Official Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Greek legislation. The Courts of Athens are competent for the resolution of any dispute or claims that may arise from the Competition procedures.